Sunday, February 01, 2009

Small Group? Pick a Small Hotel

I recently finished up an event for about 125 people. While we were at quite a nice property, unfortunately we were the "small fish" in the big ocean. And so (and as I expected), my client did not receive the attention they deserved as paying customers of the property.

It happens again and again. I cannot stress enough that the location you choose will have a huge impact on the quality of service you'll receive.

It affects other things too. The "convention hotel" I am speaking of charged me $110 to RECEIVE packages that were FEDEXed there. They charged me $119 to SEND packages via FEDEX. These were packages that were already labeled, and ready-to-go.

So keep that in mind next time you pick a location - Ask who else is "in-house," and check the venue's floorplan to see how many large meeting spaces they have. Better to know ahead of time, even if you DO end up being the small fish - at least you'll know what ocean you're swimming in!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great tip. I can't believe they charged you so much to ship and receive packages.

Hotels these days charge for everything!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home